Neighborhood Improvement Incentive Program
Eligible Projects to be Considered for Funding:
- Projects that demolish a residential or commercial structure, including capping utilities, grading and seeding the area, and for the City to acquire property
- A. Maintain ownership – demolish structure, including capping utilities, grading and seeding the area. Grants will be awarded on a minimum 50/50 cash match basis. Also, grants are set up on a reimbursement basis and payable upon completion of the project. Maximum request is $10,000, minimum request is $500.00.
- B. Transfer property to City – costs to the City cover title opinion, transfer of deed, and any other legal costs for the City to acquire the property. The property owner makes an offer of a gift of property to the City.
- Projects must be completed within the one fiscal year of which the project is approved for.
- Before and after pictures are required for funding.
- Work is done by a licensed professional who is permitted and inspected to do such work.
Grant Application Process:
- Written bid(s) for each expense must be attached to your application.
- The City Administrator and the Building and Zoning Official will make final recommendations to the City Council regarding which projects should be funded.
For More Information: Contact the City Administrator, City clerk or Building and Zoning Official at 515-382-5466