Neighborhood Improvement Incentive Program
Purpose: The purpose of this grant program is to assist organizations, residents, and business owners within the City of Nevada to strengthen their neighborhood’s appearance, to promote the area to visitors, and to improve the quality of life.
Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants are property owners of residential or commercial property in the city limits of Nevada who are committed to improve neighborhoods, promote the area, and improve the quality of life.
Eligible Projects to be Considered for Funding:
- Projects that demolish a residential or commercial structure, including capping utilities, grading and seeding the area, and for the City to acquire property
- A. Maintain ownership – demolish structure, including capping utilities, grading and seeding the area. Grants will be awarded on a minimum 50/50 cash match basis. Also, grants are set up on a reimbursement basis and payable upon completion of the project. Maximum request is $10,000, minimum request is $500.00.
- B. Transfer property to City – costs to the City cover title opinion, transfer of deed, and any other legal costs for the City to acquire the property. The property owner makes an offer of a gift of property to the City.
- Projects must be completed within the one fiscal year of which the project is approved for.
- Before and after pictures are required for funding.
- Work is done by a licensed professional who is permitted and inspected to do such work.
Grant Application Process:
- Written bid(s) for each expense must be attached to your application.
- The City Administrator and the Building and Zoning Official will make final recommendations to the City Council regarding which projects should be funded.
For More Information: Contact the City Administrator, City clerk or Building and Zoning Official at 515-382-5466