City Clerk / Finance Officer
The office of the City Clerk is responsible for maintaining all official City records. The City Clerk also serves as the Finance Officer. The services provided by the city clerk/finance department include but are not limited to:
- The preparation and publication of City Council agendas, public notices, and City Council minutes. The City Clerk also handles all Public Records requests.
- The recording of all contracts, bonds, City ordinances, and other legal documents.
- The recording of all financial transactions of the City and safeguarding the City’s assets.
- Accounts payable/receivable, payroll, bond proceeds, City debt, and numerous accounting transactions,
- Prepares annual budget and capital improvement plans.
- Budget monitoring, financial forecasting and analysis.
- Prepares and files annual state reporting requirements.
- Coordinates the annual audit.
- City Elections, receives Candidate nomination papers when directed by the Story County Auditor.
- Human Resource services of employee benefits, employee hiring, new employee training.
- Risk management issues, workers’ compensation claims, safety training.
- Utility collections for water, wastewater, recycling.
- New customer utility hook-ups, work orders for service.
- Liquor and cigarette licenses.
- Title VI Discrimination. Find out more: Title VI Non-Discrimination | City of Nevada, Iowa (cityofnevadaiowa.org)