REGULAR MEETING OF THE NEVADA CITY COUNCIL
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2021 – 6:00 P.M.
NEVADA CITY HALL, COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 1209 6TH STREET
Notice to the Public: The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public during discussion on agenda items. If you wish to speak, please complete a card found on the podium near this agenda and hand it to the City Clerk before the meeting. When your name is called, please step to the podium, state your name and address for the record, and speak. The Mayor may limit each speaker to five minutes. If you wish to present written materials and/or a signed petition in addition to your oral presentation, those materials need to be delivered to the City Clerk by noon on the Wednesday prior to the meeting to be included in the Council packet. The normal process on any particular agenda item is that the motion is placed on the floor, input is received from the audience, the Council is given an opportunity to comment on the issue or respond to the audience concerns, and the vote is taken. On ordinances, there is time provided for public input when recognized by the Chair. In consideration of all, if you have a cell phone, please turn it off or put it on silent ring. The use of obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, racial slurs, slanderous comments, and any other disruptive behavior during the Council meeting will not be tolerated and the offender may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting and/or removed from the meeting. The Council may be meeting in the Council Chambers, however, seating is very limited to ensure social distancing, all others are encouraged to participate via Zoom, so long as that option is available, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
OR by phone: (312) 626-6799, (646) 558-8656, (301) 715-8592
Webinar ID: 879 6173 3099 Password: 287321
*If you would like to speak regarding an agenda item or during public forum prior arrangements are REQUIRED. Written documents may also be submitted. Please call City Hall at 515-382-5466 or email email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. Monday, September 27, 2021
- Call the Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Agenda
- Approval of CONSENT AGENDA (Any item on the Consent Agenda may be removed for separate consideration.)
A. Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on September 13, 2021
B. Approve Payment of Cash Disbursements, including Check Numbers 76508-76588 and Electronic Numbers 998-1003 (Inclusive) Totaling $2,238,531.25 (See attached list)
C. Approve Financial Reports for Month of August, 2021
- PUBLIC FORUM: Time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on the agenda – no action may be taken. (Please keep your comments to five minutes or less.) This is an opportunity for members of the audience to bring to the Council’s attention any item not listed on the agenda. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes per citizen, and the City will notify citizens when their time has expired. Speakers may not yield their times to others, and as a general rule this is not a time for exchange of questions. The Mayor has the authority to reduce the time allowed for comment in accordance with the number of persons present and signed up to speak.
- OLD BUSINESS
A. Ordinance No. 1019 (2021/2022): An Ordinance Amending Chapter 69 (Parking Regulations) of the Nevada City Code to Establish No Parking, third reading
B. Resolution No. 016 (2021/2022): A Resolution awarding services for the Grant Writing and Administration of a CDBG-CV Microenterprise Grant
- REPORTS – City Administrator/Mayor/Council/Staff
The agenda was posted on the official bulletin board on September 23, 2021, in compliance with the requirements of the open meetings law.
City Council - Meeting Packets
- January 11, 2021
- January 25, 2021
- January 25, 2021 – Budget Workshop
- February 8, 2021
- February 22, 2021
- March 8, 2021
- March 22, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- April 26, 2021
- May 10, 2021
- May 24, 2021
- June 14, 2021
- June 28, 2021
- July 12, 2021
- August 9, 2021
- August 23, 2021
- August 23, 2021 memo
- September 13, 2021
- September 27, 2021
City Council - Meeting Minutes Archive
Board of Adjustments
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 873 9493 6433
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
NEVADA BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Tuesday July 14, 2020 at 10:00 AM
Council Chamber, Nevada City Hall 1209 6th Street
A. Call the meeting to order – Roll Call
B. Approval of the Agenda
C. Approval of March 10, 2020 Meeting Minutes
D. Public Hearing as published in the July 2, 2020 Nevada Journal:
To consider a resolution to deny the request for a variance by Laura Kiesling, to build an unattached accessory structure on the south property line on property owned by her at 606 10th Street.
This agenda was posted on the official bulletin board on July 6, 2020 in compliance with the requirements of the open-meeting law.
Board of Adjustments - Meeting Minutes
NEVADA PUBLIC LIBRARY TRUSTEES
Monday, September 20, 2021
Regular Meeting 5:00 PM
Nevada Public Library Meeting Room
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Citizen Input
4. Approval of Consent Agenda as follows:
(1) Approve minutes of August 16, 2021 regular meeting
(2) Approve September 2021 claims totaling $9109.94
(3) Accept and place on file Director’s Memo dated September 17, 2021
(4) Accept and place on file August 2021 financial report
5. Policy Review: Confidentiality Policy
6. Continuing Education: Review Chapters 1 and 2 of Iowa Library Trustee’s Handbook
7. Director’s Report: No action taken on these items
8. Adjourn – Next meeting October 20, 2021
This notice was posted on the official bulletin board September 17, 2021 in compliance with the requirements of the open meetings law.
Library Board - Meeting Minutes
Parks & recreation Board
PARKS & RECREATION BOARD
Wednesday, September 15, 2021 – 5:15 P.M.
Council Chambers @ City Hall – 1209 6th Street
1. Call the Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Approval of the Consent Agenda (Any item on the Consent Agenda may be removed for separate consideration).
A. Approve Minutes of August 4, 2021 Regular Board Meeting.
B. Accept and place on file Expense Report through August 2021.
C. Accept and place on file Financial Report for July and August 2021.
D. Accept and place on file Secretary’s Report for Cemetery.
E. Accept and place on file the following Staff Reports:
i. Director’s Report
ii. Assistant Director’s Report
iii. Building and Grounds Coordinator’s Report
iv. Sexton’s Report
5. PUBLIC FORUM: This is a time set aside for comments from the public on topics related to the Parks and Recreation Department and/or the Municipal Cemetery (no action can be taken).
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Fieldhouse Update & Appropriate Follow-up.
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. Presentation of Eagle Scout Project – Ryan Wessels – and Appropriate Follow-up.
B. Review Fence Quotes for Billy Sunday Field and Appropriate Follow-up.
C. Discuss Pavilion Rental Rates/Options and Appropriate Follow-up.
D. Discussion Regarding Boys/Girls Club Request for Permanent Basketball Hoop at Kiwanis Park and Appropriate Follow-up.
8. STAFF AND BOARD MEMBER REPORTS
This agenda was posted on the official bulletin board on September 9, 2021 in compliance with the requirements of the open meetings law.
Parks & Recreation - Meeting Minutes
Planning & Zoning Commission
PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
February 1, 2021 6:15 P.M.
Council Chambers, City Hall 1209 6th Street
- Call the meeting to order – Roll Call
2. Approval of the agenda
3. Approval of the Consent Agenda as follows:
i. Approve and place on file the minutes of the November 2, 2020 meeting
4. Proposed Amendment to Comprehensive Plan, Transportation Concept.
a. Public Hearing
b. Open Hearing
i. Public Comment: Written or Verbal
c. Staff/Commission Comments
d. Close Hearing
e. Review proposed Comprehensive Plan changes and appropriate follow up
5. Public Forum: Time for comments from the public on P&Z business other than those listed on this agenda
6. Officer Elections
7. City Administrator/Commission Members/Staff reports
This agenda was posted on the official bulletin board Wednesday January 27, 2021 in compliance with the requirements of the open-meeting law.