To Begin Water/Sewer/Storm Services:
- Visit Nevada City Hall during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A $75 Water Deposit is required
- The deposit may be refunded or credited to the customer’s account after a period of twenty-four (24) months during which time not more than one late payment penalty has been assessed. If a deposit has been refunded and the customer is assessed more than two (2) late penalties in a twelve-month period, shall be required to pay a deposit in an amount equal to three months’ average use based on past usage, but not less than $75.00. If a deposit is on file, but the customer has two (2) or more late payment penalties within a twelve (12) month period, the City may, require an additional deposit of $75.00 in addition to the existing deposit.
- A property owner may request water service to be temporarily discontinued and shut off at the curb valve for an extended period of time. The fee shall be in the amount shown in the Appendix to the Code of Ordinances for shutting the water off at curb valve and restoring service.
Meter Reading and Billing
- Each month the water meter is automatically read by a remote device which produces a radio signal to transmit the meter reading recording of your water usage.
- Meters are read around the 1st of the month and the billing for, water/sewer/storm/resource recovery, is created around the 20th of the month. They are mailed at the end of the month to arrive around the 1st.
- Payments are due no later than the 15th day of the month in which you receive the bill.
- A Notice shall be mailed for any accounts not paid by the 15th day of the month and a $2.00 one-time delinquent administrative fee shall be added to your account.
- If the account is not paid by the 28th of the month services could be disconnected.
- In person at Nevada City Hall, 1209 6th Street, Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Dropbox – available 24 hours, 7 days a week, in the parking lot of Nevada City Hall.
- ACH – Automatic payment initiated by City of Nevada. (Not to be confused with online banking offered by your financial institution). For more information or to apply for ACH (Automatic Withdrawal), email or call 515-382-5466.
- Online Payments – available through our third party vendor. Payments may be using Credit Cards (Mastercard, Visa, Discovery) and E-Check. There is a fee of $1.50 and 2.35% of the total charges for paying by Credit Card. If paying by E-Check there is only a fee of $1.50. These fees go directly to the third party vendor.