Candidate Filing Period Open
Monday, August 23 – Thursday, September 16
- Nomination petitions and affidavits of candidacy are filed with the city clerk.
- City Clerk’s offices must be open until 5:00 p.m. on the day of the deadline.
- Affidavits must be notarized.
- For more information please see the Candidate’s Guide from the Iowa Secretary of State
Paperwork required (fillable forms available on SOS website) or at City Hall
- Nomination Petition (needs at least 25 signatures) State of Iowa
- Affidavit of Candidacy (needs notarized)
Secretary of State’s Office: http://sos.iowa.gov/elections/electioninfo/CityElections.html
Ethics & Campaign Disclosure Board: Guide for City Candidates | Iowa Ethics & Campaign Disclosure Board