REGULAR MEETING OF THE NEVADA CITY COUNCIL
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2023 – 7:00 P.M.
NEVADA CITY HALL, COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 1209 6TH STREET
Notice to the Public: The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public during discussion on agenda items. If you wish to speak, please complete a card found on the podium near this agenda and hand it to the City Clerk before the meeting. When your name is called, please step to the podium, state your name and address for the record, and speak. The Mayor may limit each speaker to five minutes. If you wish to present written materials and/or a signed petition in addition to your oral presentation, those materials need to be delivered to the City Clerk by noon on the Wednesday prior to the meeting to be included in the Council packet. The normal process on any particular agenda item is that the motion is placed on the floor, input is received from the audience, the Council is given an opportunity to comment on the issue or respond to the audience concerns, and the vote is taken. On ordinances, there is time provided for public input when recognized by the Chair. In consideration of all, if you have a cell phone, please turn it off or put it on silent ring. The use of obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, racial slurs, slanderous comments, and any other disruptive behavior during the Council meeting will not be tolerated and the offender may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting and/or removed from the meeting. The Council will be meeting in the Council Chambers, Zoom may be provided, so long as that option is available.
OR by phone: (312) 626-6799, (646) 558-8656, (301) 715-8592
Webinar ID: 851 5957 2027 Password: 287321
*If you would like to speak through Zoom regarding an agenda item or during public forum prior arrangements are REQUIRED. Written documents may also be submitted.
Please call City Hall at 515-382-5466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m. Monday, September 11, 2023
1. Call the Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. Approval of CONSENT AGENDA (Any item on the Consent Agenda may be removed for separate consideration.)
A. Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on August 28, 2023
B. Approve Payment of Cash Disbursements, including Check Numbers 82464-82514 and Electronic Numbers 1428-1437 (Inclusive) Totaling $639,228.46 (See attached list) and the First Interstate Card Purchases for the September 19, 2023 Statement, total $5,330.71
C. Resolution No. 012 (2023/2024): A Resolution Approving Budgeted Beginning Year Transfers for FY2023/2024
D. Approve Tax Abatement:
1. Permit #BP2021-0217, 1206 Apache Street, New Home
5. PUBLIC FORUM: Time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on the agenda – no action may be taken. (Please keep your comments to five minutes or less.) This is an opportunity for members of the audience to bring to the Council’s attention any item not listed on the agenda. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes per citizen, and the City will notify citizens when their time has expired. Speakers may not yield their times to others, and as a general rule this is not a time for exchange of questions. The Mayor has the authority to reduce the time allowed for comment in accordance with the number of persons present and signed up to speak.
6. OLD BUSINESS
A. Approve Pay Request No. 27 for WWTF Improvements-Phase 2 from Williams Brothers Construction Inc. (WBCI) in the amount of $1,043,895.02
B. Approve Pay Request No. 17 for WWTF Improvements-Phase 3 from Boomerang Corp. in the amount of $423,130.00
C. Discussion and Appropriate Follow-up Regarding CBD Project, Storm line issues in alleyway
7. NEW BUSINESS
A. Resolution No. 013 (2023/2024): A Resolution Approving Amendment to Master Agreement for Municipal Engineering Services with HR Green, Inc., for 2024 Street Improvements Project, Division 1, Street Reconstruction
B. Resolution No. 014 (2023/2024): A Resolution Accepting Minor Subdivision for Nevada Business Park, Sixth Addition
C. Discussion and Appropriate Follow-up for Professional Services for Assistance with Industrial Treatment Agreements and Rate Structure for the Wastewater Treatment Facility
D. Approve Purchase of 96 Niche Columbarium – Cemetery
8. REPORTS – City Administrator/Mayor/Council/Staff
The agenda was posted on the official bulletin board on September 7, 2023, in compliance with the requirements of the open meetings law.