Nevada City Council Meeting
REGULAR MEETING OF THE NEVADA CITY COUNCIL
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2023 – 6:00 P.M.
NEVADA CITY HALL, COUNCIL CHAMBERS – 1209 6TH STREET
Notice to the Public: The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public during discussion on agenda items. If you wish to speak, please complete a card found on the podium near this agenda and hand it to the City Clerk before the meeting. When your name is called, please step to the podium, state your name and address for the record, and speak. The Mayor may limit each speaker to five minutes. If you wish to present written materials and/or a signed petition in addition to your oral presentation, those materials need to be delivered to the City Clerk by noon on the Wednesday prior to the meeting to be included in the Council packet. The normal process on any particular agenda item is that the motion is placed on the floor, input is received from the audience, the Council is given an opportunity to comment on the issue or respond to the audience concerns, and the vote is taken. On ordinances, there is time provided for public input when recognized by the Chair. In consideration of all, if you have a cell phone, please turn it off or put it on silent ring. The use of obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, racial slurs, slanderous comments, and any other disruptive behavior during the Council meeting will not be tolerated and the offender may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting and/or removed from the meeting. The Council will be meeting in the Council Chambers, Zoom may be provided, so long as that option is available.
OR by phone: (312) 626-6799, (646) 558-8656, (301) 715-8592
Webinar ID: 879 6173 3099 Password: 287321
*If you would like to speak through Zoom regarding an agenda item or during public forum prior arrangements are REQUIRED. Written documents may also be submitted.
Please call City Hall at 515-382-5466 or email email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. Monday, February 27, 2023
1. Call the Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of the Agenda
4. PUBLIC HEARING(S)
A. FY2023/2024 Maximum Property Tax Dollars
1. Public Hearing
2. Resolution No. 076 (2022/2023): A Resolution approving the Fiscal Year 2023/2024 Maximum Property Tax Dollars for the City of Nevada, Iowa
5. Approval of CONSENT AGENDA (Any item on the Consent Agenda may be removed for separate consideration.)
A. Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on February 13, 2023
B. Approve Payment of Cash Disbursements, including Check Numbers 79330-79400 and Electronic Numbers 1284-1293 (Inclusive) Totaling $3,078,982.34 (See attached list)
C. Approve Financial Reports for Month of January, 2023
D. Approve Renewal of Class “F” Retail Alcohol License, William F. Ball Post No. 48 American Legion d/b/a American Legion Post #48, 1331 6th Street, Effective March 31, 2023
E. Approve Renewal of Class “C” Retail Alcohol License, for Tabloo LLC (Jason Crimmins) d/b/a Lincoln Tap, 835 6th Street Ste 3, Effective March 1, 2023
F. Accept 2022 Certified Local Government Annual Report
6. PUBLIC FORUM: Time set aside for comments from the public on topics of City business other than those listed on the agenda – no action may be taken. (Please keep your comments to five minutes or less.) This is an opportunity for members of the audience to bring to the Council’s attention any item not listed on the agenda. Comments are limited to five (5) minutes per citizen, and the City will notify citizens when their time has expired. Speakers may not yield their times to others, and as a general rule this is not a time for exchange of questions. The Mayor has the authority to reduce the time allowed for comment in accordance with the number of persons present and signed up to speak.
7. OLD BUSINESS
A. Resolution No. 077 (2022/2023): A Resolution Approving Settlement Agreement and Release Between Mid-States Millwright & Builders, Inc. d/b/a Mid-States Companies, HR Green Inc., and the City of Nevada, Iowa
B. Approve Change Order No. 3 for WWTF Phase 2 from Williams Brothers Construction Inc.
C. Resolution No. 078 (2022/2023): A Resolution Adopting Community Development Block Grant Program Policies, Plans and Procedures
8. NEW BUSINESS
A. Resolution No. 079 (2022/2023): A Resolution Approving Professional Services Contractual Agreement Between Iowa Commission on Volunteer Service and City of Nevada, Iowa
9. REPORTS – City Administrator/Mayor/Council/Staff
The agenda was posted on the official bulletin board on February 23, 2023, in compliance with the requirements of the open meetings law.