The City of Nevada is requesting proposals for grant writing and administration services to assist with a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) application through the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA).
The City of Nevada will be making application to support the establishment of a microenterprise loan fund in their community.
The selected contractor will work with the City of Nevada to ensure compliance with CDBG program requirements.
The following outlines work specifications and the request for proposals:
- Scope of Work: The scopes of services that the consultant must be prepared and qualified to provide are as follows
- Prepare the City of Nevada’s CDBG-CV application in support of the above project.
If City of Nevada’s application is approved:
- Prepare Environmental Review Record and submit all other items required to clear the contract conditions outlined in the City’s CDBG contract, within the timeframe specified by IEDA.
- Prepare draw/disbursement requests to ensure consistency with the procedures established for the CDBG program.
- Ensure that the City of Nevada has an acceptable financial management system as it pertains to finances of the CDBG program. An acceptable system includes, but is not limited to, cash receipts and disbursements journal and accompanying ledgers, and should conform to generally accepted principles of municipal accounting.
- Establish project files in the local government’s office. These files must demonstrate compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal regulations. The project files must be monitored throughout the program to ensure that they are complete and that all necessary documentation is being retained in the community’s files.
- With the assistance of the City of Nevada, help conduct public hearings. This includes, but is not limited to, such things as assisting with public notices, conducting hearings, etc.
- Administer to microenterprise loan fund to be created as a result of this funding award.
- Secure the Department of Labor’s federal wage decisions as it may relate to projects supported with CDBG-CV funds.
- If applicable; obtain contractor clearance(s) from IEDA.
- As needed check weekly payrolls to ensure compliance with federal wage decision(s). Conduct on-site interviews and compare the results with the appropriate payrolls.
- If applicable monitor construction to ensure compliance with equal opportunity and labor standards provisions.