The City of Nevada is taking applications for the position of Police Officer as part of the Public Safety Department. Applications, Resume, and Cover Letters are due by September 3, 2021, @ 5 pm. Documents can be emailed to email@example.com, mailed to the Police Department, or hand-delivered. Physical Agility Testing will be held on September 18th, 2021. Upon successful completion of the Physical Agility Test, applicants will take the POST. Testing will begin at 8 am at the Nevada Public Safety Department: 1209 6th Street, Nevada, IA 50201. Plan on testing taking several hours; any questions can be sent to Sgt. Chris Brandes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Minorities, Women, and Military Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Starting wage is $25.00/hour ($52,000 per year)
- Advancement to Senior Patrol and Corporal offers a wage of $38.27/hour ($79,539 per year)
- 10-hour work shift that allows for every other weekend off
- 90 floating holiday hours annually, available to use during the first year of employment
- $5,000 sign-on bonus for qualified certified officers
- $8,000 longevity bonus
- iPers retirement system
We offer opportunities such as:
- WatchGuard Body camera/in-car camera systems
- Newly purchased Records Management System and in-car computers
- Patrol rifles assigned to every officer
- Take-home car program
- Opportunity for instructor assignments, specialty assignments, and various overtime assignments
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to maintain a valid Iowa Driver’s License
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol (Chapter 400.17 of the Iowa Code).
- No felony convictions.
- Non-certified officers – ILEA required physical fitness test.
- Certified officers – Only need to participate in the physical agility test for baseline purposes
- Pass the POST (Police Officer Selection Test)
- Pass a post-offer physical/drug test, polygraph, and psychological evaluation.
Need more information about this opportunity, here are some Helpful Links!
Learn more about what it’s like to be a police officer in Nevada, Iowa, at:
Physical Agility requirements can be found on the ILEA website at:
POST test, practice test, and study guides can be found at:
Start the process by filling out an online employment application at: